Russia is one of the popular destinations to study medicine. Aspirants who want to pursue MBBS are choosing Russia as the most appropriate place to get a degree in the medical field. The country has been gaining popularity from the Soviet era and till now it is in the trend when it comes to the top study destinations in the world. Well, talking about the ranking, it has already occupied 30th position among top 100 medical universities in the world, ranked by the World Health Organisation (WHO). Graduates from Russian universities can work in well recognised hospitals in any corner of the globe. Because of the reasonable fee structure, the country has become the hotspot to the top international medical students.
There are over 57 medical universities in Russia for international students. The teacher-student ratio of every class is 1:7, which makes the institutions unique and alluring for the medical students. There are about 12 universities that accept English as the medium of study. The top medical universities in Russia are recognised by WHO and are popular in all the European and the American countries.
Among the top medical universities, Bashkir State Medical University is one of the top universities in Russia to study medicine. It is considered the center of medical and pharmaceutical science of the Bashkortostan Republic. The university is located in Ufa City. For over 80 years, Bashkir State Medical University has been training specialists for healthcare, scientific, and pedagogical work in professional medical education of the Russian Federation. Among the Indian and international students, this is one of the popular universities for many years to pursue MBBS in Russia.
The faculty of BSMU comprises famous scholars and medical practitioners who take care of teaching, medical, scientific, and innovative activity. The University keeps the study material and technical resources, training facilities, and large library stock.
The Bashkir State Medical University has 7 Faculties
- General Medical Faculty
- Pediatric Faculty
- Dentistry Faculty
- Pharmaceutical Faculty
- Preventive Medicine Faculty
- Faculty of Management and Graduate Nurses
- Faculty of International Relations
Eligibility Criteria to study at Bashkir State Medical University
- Age: Candidates must be at least 17 years old by 31st December of the admission year.
- Qualification: Must be a 12th pass out in Science, with PCM from a recognized board by India.
- Minimum Qualifying (%): Must have secured 50%(General Category), and 45% (SC/SI/OBC) in 12th.
- Qualifying Entrance: Must be NEET qualified.
The admission process is based on a round of counseling and academic progress.
- Fill up the application/enrollment form with the correct details.
- Once you receive an offer letter from the university, save it for future use.
- Make payment for the university enrollment expense.
- After the payment, apply for the Visa.
- Once you get the visa for studying MBBS in Russia, you are all set.
Documents required during the admission process
- Passport with a minimum of 18 months validity.
- Mark a sheet of class 10th.
- Mark sheet of class 12th.
- Passport size photographs.
- Invitation letter from the university.
- Authorization of documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of documents from the Russian Embassy
- Fee receipt of 1st-year tuition fee.
Accreditation/Recognition Of Degree from Bashkir State University
It is accredited by many medical bodies such as
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- The Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Duration of MBBS Courses
The total study duration is 6 years, students will be given classroom learning for clinical studies with 5 years and 1 year or internship to enhance practical skill.
Benefits of studying MBBS in Bashkir State Medical University
- Students are provided with an intense research work facility.
- The general faculty of medicine at the university helps the students to develop their professional skills.
- Students can take part in international conferences, and the exchange program to get global exposure.
- Modern library facility so that students can go for detailed study.
- They will provide scholarships based on your performance.
- University also provides you with the postgraduates facility and you don’t have to take any exam for this.
- The cost of living is affordable.
Now, aspirants who want to pursue MBBS have many other options as well. Aspirants can choose to study MBBS in Ukraine, the USA, Philippines, Bangladesh, or other foreign countries. Good luck aspirants…!